Tuesday, April 17, 2012

          Another two weeks after our large group excursion along the Route of Don Quijote, La Ruta de Don Quijote in Spanish, our next one came along.  This next one would take us to Segovia, a beautiful Spanish city located about an hour northeast of Madrid.  As always, after signing up to ensure enough space was booked on both the bus and in the restaurant for lunch, we were all ready to set off on our next adventure!
   

         Segovia's cathedral, photographed above, was the first thing I saw after getting off the bus.  I was impressed by its beauty and couldn't wait to see everything else Segovia had to offer.
         After exploring some of Segovia's beautiful landscape, we made it to our guided tour.  Our first stop of the tour brought us to a phenomenal alcázar.  Because I wasn't able to take a photo of its entirety, here's a photo I found online.  In addition to this first photo, the following is a smaller shot taken from my camera. Take a look!



       After admiring its exterior, we continued our tour inside.  I was very impressed with all of the medieval artifacts and art that had been preserved.  Here are some photos I took!



         After exploring throughout the alcázar, we finally made it to the top.  Here are some pictures!



           After journeying back to the alcázar's bottom, we continued our exploring of Segovia by visiting its majestic cathedral. Take a look!

    
         After learning a bit about the cathedral's construction, as well as having time to take pictures, we continued on to Segovia's extremely beautiful Roman aqueduct.  Take a look!




         Before traveling to Segovia I had always known it was home to a magnificent aqueduct but never in my wildest dreams did I think that it would be this big!  To say I was impressed was definitely an understatement!
        After enjoying a great lunch at an awesome restaurant in the heart of Segovia, as well as taking some more time to admire this truly spectacular aqueduct, we boarded the bus and made our trip back to Toledo.
       Well this is all for now, I hope you have enjoyed my ninth post!  My next post will focus on Spain's bullfighting culture, having a special focus on a mock-bullfight I attended with my host family!

Here's where I found the large photo of Segovia's alcázar.

http://ibertouring.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Alcazar-de-Segovia.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment