Friday, April 27, 2012

       From the very first day I moved in with my host family, they were very quick to tell me about their vacation home located in the small pueblo of Carriches.  They explained that during the summer, in order to get away from the busyness of Toledo, as a family, they often spend weeks upon weeks relaxing in their beautiful pueblo home.
       Since my host family was so proud of their second home in Carriches, one weekend they invited me to spend time with them there.  Because I was so eager to learn and see everything I could about Spain and the Spanish way of life, I very happily accepted their invitation!
      After taking a 40 minute road trip west of Toledo, we finally made it to Carriches.  Here's a picture of its city center.

   
         After exploring Carriches' quaint city center, we made our way to my host family's home.  Here are some of my favorite pictures of its outsides and courtyard.  Take a look!






       
             After enjoying its outsides, we ventured inside where my host family gave me a quick tour.  Here are some of the pictures I took!




         After exploring Carriches' city center and my host family's delightful home, I took it easy the rest of the weekend.  Here's a picture of me relaxing on a hammock outside.  


         Well this is all for now, I hope you have enjoyed my fourteenth post!  In my next post I will begin to explain how the numerous Spanish autonomous communities have led to such vast cultural diversity within Spain.

No comments:

Post a Comment